- 2 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 cup all purpose flour - divided
- Ingredient Title - 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium green tomatoes - cut into 1/3-inch slices
- Salt - to taste
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- Canola or Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine eggs and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup all purpose flour and , panko, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or pan.
- Dredge tomato slices in remaining 1/2 cup flour, dip in egg mixture, and dredge in panko mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch in a large cast iron skillet, heat to 375 degrees. Drop tomatoes, in batches, into hot oil, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels or a rack. Sprinkle hot tomatoes with salt.
- (You can keep cooked tomatoes warm at 250 degrees in the oven).