May 23, 2013
This weekend is Memorial Day Weekend and guess what comes after that? You’re right. SUMMER.. Sweet, sticky, hot, and sunny summer. This is the time of year that when I get something to drink, I want it cold and sparkly. I don’t know why but the bubbles in my drink just makes me feel a little less hot!
I have to say that typically if I want a drink, I choose wine. A dark red wine that is full of body. Cabernet is my drink of choice for the most part. However, it is a bit heavy for the summer. I had to come up with something that was relaxing like my Cabernet, but refreshing and had a little sparkle to it.
What could be better than White Sangria? I know there are many versions and we all think our version is the best. Mine really is! It’s not too sweet, and not too tart. It’s light and refreshing, fruity and fun.
It’s what summer is all about.
- 2 bottle Riesling wine
- 1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped of any or all of the following:
- Asian Pear
- 1/4 of a lemon or lime thinly sliced
- Up to two cups Prosecco (Italian sparkling wine)
1. Pour two bottle of Riesling wine into a gallon pitcher
2. Add 1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
3. Add chopped fruit
4. Stir to combine
5. Pour into a glass and top with a generous pour of Prosecco (you can also use Champagne if you can’t
find the Prosecco)